2023年12月1日金曜日

Developing the most basic app to understand Qubit state (3)

Sometimes we need to go back to basics!
In the third article in this series, I'll compare my app's results with that of IBM Quantum Composer to confirm that it's working correctly. In my app I can use quantum gates Z, X, Y, T, H.  The T is a quantum gate that adds the phase of e^iφ to the qubit |1>. By default, φ=π/4. Also, H is a Hadamard gate. Here, as an example, H, T, and H are successively applied in this order to the quantum bit initial state |0>.

Fig.1 shows (a) the execution results of my app and (b) the execution results of IBM Quantum. In (a), the probability (area of the colored disk) and phase (the angle of the straight line coming out from the center of the circle) are shown for |0> and |1>. On the other hand, in (b), the results are displayed only for |1>. Although the way the disks are displayed is slightly different, it can be seen that the probabilities and phases of both are the same. However, the values of probability amplitude (amplitude in (a) and Output state in (b)) seem to be different. This will be explained in Fig.2.
Fig.2 explains that although the expressions of the probability amplitudes of the two are different, they are the same quantum state. In my app, the phase with respect to |0> is zero, and the phase of |1> is the relative phase to it. This does not seem to be the case with IBM Quantum. In fact, when I input IBM's probability amplitude numbers into my app's function state2relphase, the results I got matched my app's representation of probability amplitudes. This result confirms that my app is working perfectly correctly, at least for this example.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿